A Vegan Obsession. Powered by Blogger.

Fudgey, sinless - Black Bean Brownies


Oh my God, are you excited just SEEING that picture?   As if passing on the baton in a brownie relay race..come..I shall share with you, so you too can be Princess of the brownies in your very own kitchen...


There is this whole vegan and gluten free trend that I'm TOTALLY into.  Legumes! Using them in cooking is nothing new, but they now lounge in cookies, cakes & frosting. They fake 'fish' and provide a satisfying crunch for a salty snack. Beans are the new 'black'.

I am always looking for ways to find out how to make goodies that are sin free but feel as though they come from the devils bakery. Why?  so I can eat them when I want, feel GREAT about it and stay my svelte self.  Bean flour (and coconut flour) has been opening up new doors for me as I scouted to find a way of HAVING, without flours that make me feel.. blegh!  My adventures led me to the door (website) of Happy Herbivore's LOW FAT black bean brownies (thanks a million for the recipe!)    I checked my map - sugar free, low fat, gluten free, vegan - yep, X marked the spot.  black bean chocolate brownies   I of course changed the recipe to make it my own...just a tad.


You are now only minutes away from dark fudgey treasure.


From your food chest you will cluster...

15 ounces of black beans (440ml or 1 1/4 cups) - I think cooking your own is best - make loads and then stash your remaining loot in the freezer
2 whole ripe bananas
1 cup organic gluten free oats I used Bob's Red Mill
1/3 cup agave (I had run out so I blended  a mix of 6 juicy prunes and dates)
1 tbs fruit sweetened marmalade (optional)
1 tbs fruit sweetened cranberries (optional)
1/4 cup unsweetened pure cocoa powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp coffee granules - pour over 1 tbs boiling water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
a couple of shakes of chili powder (purely optional)


Heat your oven to 350f (175) and line a 8 x 8 pan

1. with the exception of the oats & the cranberries, put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
2.fold in the ground oats and cranberries and mix well.  If you wanted the brownies less fudgey and more cakey then add 1 tsp baking powder.

Bake for 35 - 40 mins.  Check them after 30mins.  leave in pan for 5 mins and then gently lift onto a rack to cool.






I am besotted, bewitched, captivated and SMITTEN by these squares of rich, chocolate LOVE!  BFF





8 Comments:

chow vegan 29 July 2011 09:51   Best Blogger Tips

Sinless? Those look absolutely sinful! Yum yum yum! :-)

India-leigh 29 July 2011 14:07   Best Blogger Tips

chow v... do make them...I'm telling you they are indeed worthy of 3 yums! ;-)

Kym-G.F.Vegan 3 December 2011 09:44   Best Blogger Tips

Hello,

Thank you for this recipe. I have tried other gluten-free vegan black bean brownies and they left a non-satisfied feeling for me. These are divine! But I would have to disagree they are sinful and require a LOT of will power not to eat them all! I have made them both with the fruit and without and I prefer the fruit. I have a particularly picky daughter who loves them but she likes them better with baking powder.

Thanks again
Kym-G.F.Vegan

Kym-G.F.Vegan 3 December 2011 09:44   Best Blogger Tips

Hello,

Thank you for this recipe. I have tried other gluten-free vegan black bean brownies and they left a non-satisfied feeling for me. These are divine! But I would have to disagree they are sinful and require a LOT of will power not to eat them all! I have made them both with the fruit and without and I prefer the fruit. I have a particularly picky daughter who loves them but she likes them better with baking powder.

Thanks again
Kym-G.F.Vegan

Anonymous,  23 February 2012 04:22   Best Blogger Tips

Ive read a lot of black bean brownie recipes but so far this one really has me ready to open up a can of beans and start cooking :) Thanks for posting it up and i look forward to more of your great recipe ideas!

India-leigh 23 February 2012 10:00   Best Blogger Tips

@Anonymous

Hello, thank you! Please do come back and let us know how yours turn out. x

Anonymous,  26 February 2012 04:55   Best Blogger Tips

@India-leigh
The brownies i made had quite a nice banana/fruit flavour to them which went well with the chocolate-ness. I dont use agave but substituted 1/3 cup of partially rehydrated figs for sweetness (these were blended in), it was pretty good, the crunchy seeds gave it a different texture. The only thing i might do in terms of my own preference is chop up some sugar free dark chocolate (vegan of course) and fold it in with the oats. (I didn't add cranberries because of how the brownies were already quite fruity).
In short, your recipe is lovely, thanks :)

india-leigh 29 February 2012 19:27   Best Blogger Tips

@Anonymous

Ooh, such GREAT ideas. Especially with the figs and their crunchy seeds. So going to try that next time. Maybe with a spoon or three of crunchy PB... Thanks for coming back and letting me know. How fun that you did!

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. THANK YOU!

Subcribe to comments to be notified of replies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

All the photography is by me unless otherwise stated. Please do not use photos without permission from me. When used please mention aveganobsession. Thanks for understanding. x

StatCount

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Best Blogger Tips